City of Auburn - NEW Business License Application
What you need to know to get started.
To avoid delays in the issuance of the business license, please follow the steps below.
Please note: various departments are required to sign off before the final issuance of the license.
1. Business Registrations are renewed on a fiscal year basis July 1 through June 30.
2. Business start date is the first date your business started in the City of Auburn.
3. Tax payer identification number is REQUIRED. Sole owner or partnerships are required to provide a
FEIN for the business. Corporations, LLC, and Limited Partnerships are required to provide a FEIN or
SEIN for the business.
4. Businesses operated from the home also require payment of business tax and a home occupation
permit through our Department of Planning & Public Works. The zoning ordinance regulates the type of business operations that may be operated from the home.
5. Payment is required when your application is accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application.
Within 7 business days you will recieve an email containing the amount due and instructions how to make payment on-line.
Businesses located in Auburn will still have to be approved prior to issuance.
Per AB 2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process address in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) and
16100.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code.
To do so, please visit the Business License office to apply.
We wish you much success in your business venture.